1 - 19 bold (not old) ideas for change - The Innovative Educator
8: No more how-to workshops
Educators should know how to find out how to on their own. When we come together it should be to talk about how we are doing.
2 - Communities of practice enable the integration of work and learning – Harold Jarche
“So what is a community of practice? Maybe we should start with what it is not:
- It is not a help desk filled with subject matter experts.
- It is not a work group, or even task focused.
- One is not appointed by management to join a community of practice.”
3 – Can Higher Education afford innovation? – Craig Wiggins
- I read: Learning platform experimentation will “require ongoing investments through time,” and obsolescence is a constant danger.
- I hear: Educational technology is evolving, and such evolution will be expensive and full of dead ends.
- I think: Dot matrix printers still print. Haven’t seen one in a campus library in ages.