In addition to using a backchannel to share your presentation, or event with a wider audience, it is possible to live stream your event.
There are a number of services to stream a live video over Twitter, e.g. Twitcam
- Connect with Twitcam using your Twitter account.
- Plug in your webcam and begin broadcasting.
- Twitcam posts your video description and link to Twitter for all your followers to see. While broadcasting, you can chat with your viewers via Twitter right from your broadcast page.
- Once you’re done TwitCam archives your video and displays it on the same page.
- You can embed the video on a web/blog page – or even upload it to YouTube.
Live from the Animal Enclosure
Here is an example of how a school, Saltash Community School used Twitcam to provide a live stream about newborn piglets.
They called it PigCam Here you can watch the archived video (although the Twitter chat is no longer available)