“A revolution is a fundamental change in power or organizational structures that takes place in a relatively short period of time.” (Wikipedia)
This free mini-ebook version (which is available to download) shows how the Internet has dramatically changed the way we live, and is now changing the way we learn. A more comprehensive version is available online below.
Last updated: June 6, 2013 at 9:33 am
PART 1: How the way we learn at work is changing
- The trouble with training
- New trends in workplace learning
- How the smart knowledge worker learns today
- How knowledge workers like to learn
- 5 characteristics of how Knowledge Workers like to learn
- The importance of continuous – or constant – learning and performance improvement
PART 2: New thinking, new doing
- How does your own as well as your organisation’s thinking shape up?
- New thinking; new doing – 10 guidelines for the future
- Why change?
PART 3: Enabling and supporting new ways of learning
- Constant learning and performance improvement
- Addressing performance problems and dealing with mandatory training
- “Joining up” learning and working
© Jane Hart, The Workplace Learning Revolution, 2013