In USING THE SOCIAL WEB FOR PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL LEARNING we have show how many people are building a set of personal tools to
- CONNECT & CONVERSE with others in their PLNs (personal learning networks)
- SHARE knowledge, experiences and resources
- CURATE CONTENT from different sources
- CREATE & SHARE CONTENT as well as
- COLLABORATE with one another.
In addition they make use of a range of other tools:
Other Personal Productivity Tools
These tools are for an individual’s personal working, learning and/or productivity purposes.
- Search engines and discovery tools
- Research/Personal study tools
- Personal organizers
- Personal mindmapping
- Content curation tools and services
- Computing utilities
- Personal productivity tools
- Personal notebook tools
Browsers, Players & Readers
These tools are useful for browsing the web and accessing, viewing and reading web content
Public Learning Sites
A wide range of informational and educational sites for general reference, how-to guides, wikis, how-to videos, podcasts, courses, lessons, tutorials (including open courseware), e-books as well as other reference resources and places to ask questions both online and on your mobile.