The new edition of my Social Learning Handbook is now available.
Social Learning Handbook 2014:
The Next Generation of Workplace Learning Practices in the Age of Knowledge Sharing and Collaboration
Although social learning is something that we have always done, it has often been ignored or misunderstood by the training industry. Now, however, the proliferation of social tools makes this a powerful way to improve workplace performance. When we consider what social learning means inside an organization, it’s not just adding social media to instructional programmes or letting people interact with one another. It’s more about helping people learn from one another as they work together – enhanced by collaborative enterprise social tools. Learning in today’s networked workplace is not just being trained to do a task, but about learning with and from one another as we face new challenges. In the connected enterprise there is a new role for HR, OD, and L&D departments. This book looks at some of the key ways that organizations can start to support social workplace learning.
- Preview the Handbook (If you can’t view the visual version, a web-based version of the Table of Contents is also available.)
How to purchase the Handbook
The PAPERBACK edition is available from Lulu (where it will be printed on demand locally and shipped to your address). Price £15 + P&P
The PDF edition is available for personal use by registered users. Price: £15. Site licences can be obtained by organisations for multiple users. Contact email@example.com for a quote giving details of number of people likely to read it in your organisation.
To purchase a personal PDF copy of the Handbook, and become a registered user:
- Click on the Buy Now button below, and you will be taken to a page at the PayPal site to pay.
- You can pay in two ways:
- By credit card: select Don’t have a PayPal account in the right-hand column, and complete the form with your credit card details. You can also print a receipt here too. Note: our merchant name is Tesserae Ltd, and this is the name that will appear on your credit card statement.
- By PayPal: enter your PayPal details in the box shown.
- Click Return to Tesserae Ltd to return to this site.
- You will then receive an email from us, with a link to complete your registration and set up your account. (Make sure the email hasn’t gone into your Spam folder)
- Once you have done that, you will then be able to login to access the Handbook in PDF format.
- If you do not receive the email from us, please contact Jane.Hart@C4LPT.co.uk
Social Handbook Plus
The Handbook can also be purchased as part of a package:
- Social Media and the Enterprise: A 6 month subscription to this Learning Flow (a continuous stream of social micro-learning activities) plus a copy of the PDF edition. Cost: £50
- Social Learning Practitioner Programme: Walk the Social Talk: This on demand, self paced programme promotes network thinking, the use of social tools for self-organised professional learning, and help to develop knowledge sharing and collaboration skills, includes a copy of the PDF edition of the Handbook as well as a copy of the Practical Guide to the Top 100 Tools. Cost £95.
@onsci Highly recommend it and RT it to my followers! Excellent work.
@C4LPT There is to much general info but this is very specific which concerns all of us. Please carry on with your excellent work
— onsci (@onsci1) January 27, 2014
@c4lpt really enjoying the Social Learning Handbook 2014, it’s a fantastic resource!
— Shannon M Davis (@sdavis) February 7, 2014
— OzLearn (@OzLearn) February 11, 2014
— Marije van den Berg (@marije) February 16, 2014
— Sunder Ramachandran (@sundertrg) February 15, 2014
“I have found Jane’s work to be a great source for my team to stay up to date with what’s happening in the world of workplace learning and collaboration, trends, technologies and tools, as well as answer their questions on methodologies they have heard about. What is particularly useful is the case studies section where she has highlighted how social & collaborative tools can be a viable & better alternative to just courses. I had ordered the book for my team & each members is expected to read & apply one approach to a workplace learning solution that they will be putting together in 2014. The use of enterprise social networks to improve the new hire on-boarding experience & time to competency is one that we are already experimenting with in my organisation. Priced at £15, I will recommend this as a must read for all L&D professionals.” Sunder Ramachandran, Professional Development for L&D, 19 February 2014
@C4LPT BTW Soc Lrng Hdbk is a revelation – can barely get thro it for ideas & mental connections. Everyone must read it!
— Nicola Jones (@NooJones) March 5, 2014