Captivate from Adobe is authoring software for rapid creation and maintainance of interactive eLearning content. It lets you create powerful simulations, software demonstrations, and scenario-based training without programming knowledge or multimedia skills.
A small increase in position this year for Adobe Captivate.
|Commercial – Free Trial available||Download|
Comments from some of those who selected Captivate as one of their Top Tools
Although I hate it, I use it. Tricia Ransom, 2014
I use this to develop courses Zifang Su 2013
creates all my short tutorials and is 508 Compliant… Debra Robinson 2013
increased use to develop E-Learning resources. Mark Rollins 2013
- “This is the tool I normally use for software screen captures (although I also dabble with Camtasia).” Clive Shepherd
- “A tool which simply does what is says on the tin. An easy to use screen capture tool which can be used for a wide range of e-learning. Probably the most used tool in this area I suspect ” Steve Rayson
- “for flash cards, software sims, and branched scenarios” Patti Shank
- “Captivate is how I develop self-paced e-learning content that is embedded within the instructor-led courses. Sometimes this is as simple as a graphic or flow chart with rollovers or hotspots; sometimes it’s a complex branching scenario. Captivate’s a good tool for all of it.” Christy Tucker
- “A SERIOUS authoring tool for demos simulations, evaluation, and scenarios-based learning” Michael Hanley
- “I Use this one to create simulations and demonstrations, and decision making interactions.” Juan Antonio Ortiz