An online service, owned by Google, that allows users to create personal or multi-user blogs. You can use it for your own professional diary, to run a blog for your course or for your students to keep their own learning journals.
Blogger maintains a consistent presence in the top 20 of the annual list.
Comments from some of those who selected Blogger as one of their Top Tools
my easy to use open reflection space, 2014
personal blog for reflective practice, Sam Oakley 2013
- “I didn’t choose my blogging tool, I just took the easy option and used the one that Google provided. It seems absolutely fine.” Clive Shepherd
- “I use this for a private learning log, a public “salsa” blog, and members only discussions on the module I am teaching.” Jane Challinor
- “a marvellous educational and personal development tool”Bill Miller
- “for personal and professional reflection, sharing stories, ideas, thoughts, and whatever takes my mind at the time” Ian Usher
- “for making me learn before sharing, for making me learn more by sharing” Michelle Gallen
- “I have found blogger.com the most intuitive site for learners setting up a new blog, especially the new version.” Anne Paterson
- “As an avid blogger, I find the tool easy to use and straightforward to set up and add posts…of course I have a laundry list of items that I’d like to see added but it does a great job for quick and easy blogging.” Karl Kapp