Delicious is a free social bookmarking tool. Store your bookmarks online, tag them and share them with your colleagues and students. Easy to use to search for other bookmarked resources.
From its lofty position in the No 1 spot in 2008, Delicious continues its drop down the list this year.
Comments from some of those who selected Delicious as one of their Top Tools
To manage and store my websites 2013
- Simple tool to bookmark sites your interested in but can’t read immediately, sharing made easy.” Corinne Burkhert
- “To tag all, and share. Source of great learning resources too.” Maria de los Angeles Castro
- “crowdsourced learning, best links” Martin Schlichte
- “I’m constantly adding webpages or blogposts to my Delicious. Information I can use for presentations, lectures, blogposts and papers. My student’s are used of finding a link to a specific Delicious tag in their ‘required reading’ list. I teach my students to search in Delicious as an alternative to Google. I like the collecting aspect of saving websites to Delicious (more, more!)” Jeroen Bottema
- “Social bookmarking is one of the most useful tools on the web. I can save, tag, and easily re-find sites that are useful, and I can see what others with similar interests to mine are saving. It’s almost a research assistant!” Joan Vinall-Cox
- “Personal bookmarking at its best. If, like me you work on a number of machines in a number of locations, it is useful to access stored links and documents from a browser regardless of where you happen to be, once you have an internet connection”. Michael Hanley