This is an award winning, open source browser. There are also thousands of add-ons that enhance its functionality.
Although Firefox was the first No 1 tool, it dropped down the list thereafter. After a year off the list in 2011, it returned in 2012, but it has now dropped by 32 places – nearly off the list again.
|www.mozilla.com/firefox/||Free - Open source||Download|
Comments from those who selected Firefox as one of their Top Tools
- “Still my browser of choice, used every day, have used other browsers but still prefer this one.” Carol Cooper Taylor
- “I use Firefox almost constantly, because its many plug-in possibilities allow me to maneuver quickly and easily for my work and my personal playing.” Joan Vinall-Cox
- “I have finally converted to Firefox from Internet Explorer (IE). After getting used to it, I have come to realize how disastrous IE really is. But then again, I have been experimenting with Google Chrome this week, and I might convert to Chrome in the coming weeks, if it is as good as it feels right now (simple, fast, sufficient and efficient). Anyway, I have all three running, so if one does not work for something, I have two other options to explore.” Zaid Alsagof
- “Fast and stable browser with all the add-ons to create a powerful learning environment and to experience the web to it’s full extend.” Marcel de Leeuwe
- “it’s my window on the world” Jay Cross
- “my browser of choice. With an apparently infinite source of extensions, plug-ins and add-ons, Firefox is quick, customizable and clever.” Kate Foy