GIMP (the GNU Image Manipulation Program) Is a freely distributed piece of software for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring. It works on many operating systems, in many languages.
Not in the Top 100 in 2013
Comments from those who selected GIMP as one of their Top Tools
- “full Photoshop functionality (some you have to be more creative to replicate than others) at none of the price” Bill Jackson
- “GIMP is my graphics editing tool of choice. It has all of the strengths of Adobe Photoshop and it’s free. This is another application that I use as the portable version, so that I have it with me on my jump drive where ever I go.” Dennis Coxe
- “Another free and open source tool that lets me edit photos” Harold Jarche
- It’s a life saver for quick, high quality graphics creation and editing, and gets an almost daily workout when I’m on the road and presenting. OPEN SOURCE!!” Andrea Barrett
- ” Why pay the high price for the photo editing programs when GIMP does it for free?” Susan Quinn