gMail is one of the many free services offered by Google. It is a web-based email service with many megabytes of storage space for archiving mail threads.
|Top 100 Tools 2012:||27|
|Top 100 Tools 2011:||20|
|Top 100 Tools 2010:||31=|
|Top 100 Tools 2009:||21|
|Top 100 Tools 2008:||14|
|Top 100 Tools 2007:||7=|
Comments from some of those who selected Gmail as one of their Top Tools
- “I live in Gmail – most of my work comes in via Gmail and I organise and prioritise my work there. Large storage, powerful search, conversations, tagging. I have stopped using the GTDinbox Gmail add-on for Firefox as it is too slow and many of the improvements in GMail allow you to implement this easily yourself using tags.” Brian Mulligan
- “All my addresses are forwarded into my gmail account, which makes it convenient for checking my mail. I also use the gmail Tasks app to help me keep on track and avoid forgetting essentials” Joan Vinall-Cox
- “Simple, reliable, sortable, with effective filters (including spam filters) and plenty of room for large files and archives. The included writing tools and survey tools form a significant part of my ‘cloud office’.” Rodd Lucier
- “Simple, reliable, sortable, with effective filters (including spam filters) and plenty of room for large files and archives.” Rodd Lucier
- “I started using GMail after some never-ending battles with spam. Not only is the spam gone, but GMail has a nice clean interface and a ton of free storage. With groups and labels, it is easy to put together mailing lists and retrieve specific e-mails that are archived. Even though the providers for my two websites provide multiple e-mail accounts, I find that I use GMail exclusively.” Don Simmons
A Practical Guide to the Top 100 Tools for Learning
Find out how to use the Top 100 Tools for personal learning and productivity, for professional development, in educational and training and for workforce collaboration
The Guide provides essential information about each of the tools and includes curated links to other excellent and useful resources. Find out more here.