Gmail is one of the many free services offered by Google. It is a web-based email service with many megabytes of storage space for archiving mail threads.
Although still the most popular email tool on the list, Gmail has fallen back a few places again this year.
Comments from some of those who selected Gmail as one of their Top Tools
- “I live in Gmail – most of my work comes in via Gmail and I organise and prioritise my work there. Large storage, powerful search, conversations, tagging. I have stopped using the GTDinbox Gmail add-on for Firefox as it is too slow and many of the improvements in GMail allow you to implement this easily yourself using tags.” Brian Mulligan
- “All my addresses are forwarded into my gmail account, which makes it convenient for checking my mail. I also use the gmail Tasks app to help me keep on track and avoid forgetting essentials” Joan Vinall-Cox
- “Simple, reliable, sortable, with effective filters (including spam filters) and plenty of room for large files and archives. The included writing tools and survey tools form a significant part of my ‘cloud office’.” Rodd Lucier
- “Simple, reliable, sortable, with effective filters (including spam filters) and plenty of room for large files and archives.” Rodd Lucier
- “I started using GMail after some never-ending battles with spam. Not only is the spam gone, but GMail has a nice clean interface and a ton of free storage. With groups and labels, it is easy to put together mailing lists and retrieve specific e-mails that are archived. Even though the providers for my two websites provide multiple e-mail accounts, I find that I use GMail exclusively.” Don Simmons