iTunes gives you free access to some of the world’s best thinking—lectures from MIT, labs from Stanford, films from the MOMA, lets you listen to music and podcasts as well as watch videos.
iTunesU gives you free access to some of the world’s best thinking—lectures from MIT, labs from Stanford, films from the MOMA.
|Cost:||Free and premium|
|Top 100 Tools 2012:||47|
|Top 100 Tools 2011:||66|
|Top 100 Tools 2010:||51=|
|Top 100 Tools 2009:||41=|
|Top 100 Tools 2008:||28|
|Top 100 Tools 2007:||26|
Comments from some of those who selected iTunes or iTunesU as one of their Top Tools
- “educational podcasts: I found a series of Spanish podcasts that have transformed my learning of the language, convincing me there has to be more value in this medium than I currently exploit more with my own students” Jane Challinor
- “Free audio and video podcasts on virtually any topic. Enough learning for a lifetime.” Jerome Martin
- “perfect for organising my increasing library of music. It’s also a great source for various downloads” Rebecca Jones
- “Podcasts through iTunes have become a rich source of personal education for me. ” Patrick Mayfield
- “easy to use, tons of stuff to download and learn from – books, podcasts, video” Janice Petosky
- “iTunes, in combination with my iPod, is the source for a lot of the content I listen to and view to when traveling.” Jeff Cobb
- “for me podcasts are the perfect way to learn on the move – on the Tube, waiting for planes, driving – and iTunes is easily the best way of finding and organising them. Favourite broadcasters are the BBC’s Melvyn Bragg and Peter Day, but I’ve recently got into poetry, general business, language and general science broadcasts, too” Don Taylor
A Practical Guide to the Top 100 Tools for Learning
Find out how to use the Top 100 Tools for personal learning and productivity, for professional development, in educational and training and for workforce collaboration
The Guide provides essential information about each of the tools and includes curated links to other excellent and useful resources. Find out more here.