A screencasting program that lets you capture anything you see on your computer screen, as an image or short video, and share it instantly.
Still the most popular screen capture and screencasting tool, although it drops back one place this year.
|www.techsmith.com/jing.html||Free and premium versions||Download|
Comments from some of those who selected Jing as one of their Top Tools
- “makes making screencasts and sharing them as easy as can be” Herman Post
- “I use the video capture relentlessly to teach my students how to handle web tools and show our IT dept the problems I am having!” Jane Challinor”
- “Capture video from your screen or take quick snapshots. Use this free utility to create instructional videos (less than minutes). TechSmith will even store these flash files on their server. A REAL winner.” Leigh Zeitz
- ”Free tool for creating screencasts. I’ve used it to create tutorials that are then saved on Screencast.com. It’s very easy to use” Heather Ross
- “This is an elegant solution to online publishing of visuals and videos.” Patrick Mayfield
- “One of the best tools for quick screen grabs. I love how it automatically ftps the file to a web server and places the link on my clipboard to share.” Robert Chapman