PBWorks (previously PBwiki) is a hosted collaboration solution suitable for businesses and education. Capture knowledge, share files, and manage projects within a secure, reliable environment.
After a big drop down the list last year, PB Works has regained 14 places.
|www.pbworks.com||Free and premium versions||Online|
Comments from some of those who selected PBWorks as one of their Top Tools
wikis for digital classrooms 2013
- “great way for prospective teachers to create and share safely their teaching portfolio; I am able to provide them feedback here, as well; unlike other online portfolios, such as LiveText, pbworks is free and can go with them after graduation and into their own classroom” Sarah Davis
- “mainly for archiving goodies, somewhat for collaboration” Jay Cross
- “I almost stopped using wikis about a year ago, but PBwiki brought me back with all kinds of new plug-ins and added functionality, plus it is ad-free for educators” Barry Dahl
- “Lovely easy wiki software that anyone can pick up and use.” Phil Bradley
- “We use PB wiki to create wikis for class projects. They are replacing pathfinders that were static pages – the fact that users can edit pages has created another level of interaction in the development of resources for learning.” Jenny Luca