Slideshare is a site where you can host your presentations (and documents) and share them with others. Presentations can be linked to at the site itself or else embedded in a web page. Slideshare is also a useful resource site of free presentations and other documents. Now owned by LinkedIn.
Slideshare its position in the top 20 of this year’s list.
|www.slideshare.net||Free and premium versions||Online|
Comments from some of those who selected Slideshare as one of their Top Tools
A Documents library like no other! Akash Bhatia 2013
good resource and way to share content Charles Jennings 2103
A handy way to share presentations so that people can view them before or instead of downloading them. Harold Jarche 2013
Make PPT available anywhere Jason de Nys 2013
“I love to search for free quality content on Slideshare” 2013
- “This is a great way to share student work on a webspace”. Mary Howard
- “PowerPoints from presentations always available and can be embedded into blogs and Moodle”. Leia Fee
- “allows me to post my slide shows for others to see, but, more importantly, allows me to find great slideshows from others. There’s some amazing information there and all free of charge” Carol Skyring
- “Now, how could I share my slides without slideshare? Yes, there are other ways but slideshare is true community. You can provide all the boundaries you want or leave your slides out on the table to be “borrowed” by just anyone. I figure no one would copy EndNote slides if they didn’t need them. I search slideshare for topics I’m interested in or need to know about and the presentations I find are so helpful to me I do download them and study how someone else did what I want to do.” Lissa Lord
- “Other educators have provided excellent resources from Slideshare and slidecast, and I have been inspired to use it too!” Anne Paterson
- “In my view, the YouTube of presentations. This is a great social networking site for sharing presentations. You can access some really interesting presentations here.” Manish Mohan